We have a brand-new opportunity for a Commercial Analyst within our growing Finance Department.
The purpose of this role is to enhance and contribute to the day to day operation of the Commercial and Pricing Team, supporting the pricing life cycle (proposal, origination and portfolio) with detailed analysis and reporting.
The candidate will be expected to get out and understand the whole business to enhance the quality of the information they produce for stakeholders.
The small team has a diverse range of tasks producing management information, commercial information and financial information, and the successful candidate can expect to be exposed to all disciplines over time.
What you’ll be expected to do in the role
- Maintain lifecycle profitability models to provide financial evaluation by channel & product, updating & calculating key drivers as relevant
- Detailed financial evaluation of new pricing proposals. Providing in-depth insight, analysis and recommendations
- Carry out user testing of agreed pricing and project changes
- Carry out post implementation reviews for all pricing and project changes, investigating key variances & reporting to the relevant manager to ensure that remedial action is taken
- Share knowledge and best practice with Sales and MI teams to improve the pricing process and pricing lifecycle
- Identify and monitor emerging issues and trends and communicate effectively to affected managers
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations on other ad-hoc projects
- Provide actual APR monitoring
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of accounting, legal and regulatory requirements, including but not exhaustively: IFRS, tax, data protection, money laundering, health & safety, FCA, and other legislative requirements as appropriate
- Be committed to delivery of high quality and professional customer service to ensure individual performance and business results are maximised
- Work as part of a team - supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues across the business
- Recognise, recommend and where appropriate implement improvements to processes and procedures, ensuring that efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the department is maintained and activities are in line with current methods
What we’re looking for from you
- Experience in the production, analysis and presentation of relevant information & reporting for use at all business levels
- Ability to clearly explain outputs to all stakeholders
- Experience of creating and implementing processes and procedures
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of data and system analysis including the generation of reports
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to coordinate and manage multi-task projects and organise workloads in a structured and logical way, working to tight deadlines
- Strong stakeholder engagement and business partnering experience - able to manage stakeholders' needs and expectations and use influencing and negotiation skills, where required
- Able to seek out and implement innovative ways of enhancing the models used
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’, recommending creative solutions
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and schedules, achievement orientated and tenacious
- Analytical, highly numerical and methodical with attention to detail - excellent statistical analysis skills
- Commercial-focused approach
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work closely and effectively with others in the team on ad-hoc projects and tasks as needed
- Energetic and strongly motivated to add value
- Confident in presentation of ideas, and when engaging in discussion and debate
- Statistical or mathematical background, plus programming skills e.g. SAS or Visual Basic
- Experience of working in other Financial Services sectors
- Part qualified CIMA, ACCA
Reasons to join the Moneybarn team
Ensuring we have a dedicated team is essential to our success, and we’ve worked hard to create a friendly working environment, which allows individuals to share ideas and deliver positive outcomes.
We want all employees to be able to fulfil their potential and excel in their role, so we invest heavily in training and development throughout the business. This approach enables us to nurture talent, and provide the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
The wellbeing of our team is incredibly important and we offer a gym, qualified instructors, keep-fit classes, Barney Bikes and regular fruit deliveries for employees to enjoy. We also run a range of regular in-house events and activities to promote interaction and communication within the company.
2017 marks Moneybarn’s 25th year of trading and we believe our continued success is driven by our values-based approach which underpins the way that we engage with our employees, customers and partners. Our values are: Fair, Approachable, Responsible & Progressive.
We offer competitive salaries and a full employee benefit package, which includes a contributory pension, employee Sharesave and stock purchase schemes.
How do you apply?
Click on the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. This will pop up an email which you can use to attach and send us your CV and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received your CV and covering letter, if you’re successful at the first stage we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
If you don’t hear from us within 7 days of sending us your application, this means you have been unsuccessful. We may not be able to provide confirmation and feedback to everyone who applies.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 6 months after your application
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here.