We now have a brand-new opportunity to join our established Complaints Team, as an Early Resolutions Handler, on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. If you are looking for an employer who values their staff, provides opportunity for career development and progression and, are the best in their field, then Moneybarn could be the company for you.
The Early Resolutions Handler will work within the Complaints Team and support other operational departments to identify and resolve complaints quickly and effectively in line with Financial Conduct Authority regulatory requirements.
Complaint resolution requires input from across the business, so this is a position that requires strong interpersonal and influencing skills. The role will predominantly be phone based but will also require excellent written skills.
What you’ll be expected to do in the role;
- Respond and resolve customer complaints that are escalated from other parts of the business, in line with the company’s complaints procedures and considering relevant regulation and legislation.
- Identify early resolution complaints and those which can be escalated for quick resolution in line with the company complaints policy.
- Manage a case load effectively and pro-actively to ensure that the principle of “Treating Customers Fairly” is always maintained.
- Develop reporting procedures and root cause analysis information and provide feedback on existing and emerging trends.
- Liaise closely with internal departments and suppliers, brokers, mechanical engineers etc. to obtain information to allow the successful candidate to investigate a complaint thoroughly.
- Provide the customer with a comprehensive and clear communication following resolution of the complaint in line with FCA DISP rules on Complaint Handling.
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the appropriate Line Manager regarding the outcome of a complaint
- Ensure that once a complaint is closed, the account is handed back to the relevant department with full details of the resolution offered
- Arrange for, and follow up on, any compensation or other action offered to a customer
- Use the online credit reference agency websites to view, and if necessary, update customer files.
What we’re looking for from you;
- Ability to prioritise workload dependent on legislative or regulatory deadlines
- Ability to present cases to the Management Team
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong customer service and telephone skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Active and enquiring mind
- Must demonstrate high levels of customer empathy and practical problem solving as well as a “common sense” approach.
- An understanding of the legislation that governs the business and being able to see how that impacts on the business
- Demonstrable experience of Complaints RCA & Resolution
- Excellent English skills (prefer minimum A level or equivalent) with strong letter writing skills
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here