At Moneybarn we are constantly evolving as an organisation, as such we now have a new opportunity for a Credit Policy Analyst to join our growing Credit Risk team, based in Petersfield, Hampshire.
As the Credit Policy Analyst, you will assist in developing and embedding effective credit risk policies that manage and control credit risk across the whole credit life cycle (acquisition to recoveries) whilst meeting the needs of our customers, our business strategy, and prevailing regulation.
In addition, you will work with stakeholders across the business to test and implement credit policies, manage ongoing new business queries and build effective risk review plans to ensure adherence and consistent application to these policies.
What you’ll be expected to do in the role
- Working in conjunction with the Credit Policy Governance Manager to effectively respond to credit policy and deal queries from the Business Operations team in a timely and constructive manner. This will include new business referrals and queries in relation to live new deals which must be responded within SLA and in line with credit policy.
- Undertake and oversee output from case retrospective analysis to maintain an effective “feedback” loop and that insight on relevant data/ trends is used to target credit policy enhancements.
- Ensure that adequate audit trail is available for all manual credit decisions, and that the rationale for decisions is clear and auditable, escalating issues to Senior Management where required.
- Maintaining a log of credit policy exceptions and rationale for decisions being made, reporting any decisions made outside credit risk appetite to a higher authority.
- Oversee quality assurance audits being undertaken by Business Operations and Risk & Compliance, making recommendations for areas / topics to be included within future audits.
- Maintain a log of outstanding audit actions for the Credit Risk team and support the Credit Policy & Governance Manager in adhering to agreed timeframes for closure.
- Maintain a credit policy governance to manage credit policy changes, ensuring adequate audit trail is held to understand who and why credit policy changes have been made over time, and that all changes are approved within appropriate credit authorities.
- Assist with the administration of Monthly Credit Committee including the collation and submission of proposals/papers and liaising with the relevant individuals to ensure that credit committee actions are dealt with within agreed timeframes.
- Assist the Credit Policy & Governance Manager in providing training and support to the wider business on all credit policy matters.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience of developing or applying credit policies in a financial services context with the ability to apply practical knowledge and a common-sense approach.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the end to end lending process for consumer lending, preferably with some experience of motor finance
- Good knowledge of the UK regulatory environment.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and good influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here