If you are looking for an employer who values their staff, who provides opportunity for career development and progression and, are the best in their field - then Moneybarn could be the company for you. We are now recruiting for an Early Resolution Complaints Handler to join our existing Complaints Team and to support the other operational departments to identify and resolve complaints quickly and effectively in line with FCA regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Respond and resolve customer complaints that are escalated from other parts of the business, in line with the company’s complaints procedures and taking into account relevant regulation and legislation.
- Identify early resolution complaints and those which can be escalated for quick resolution in line with the company complaints policy.
- Manage a case load effectively and pro-actively to ensure that the principle of “Treating Customers Fairly” is maintained at all times.
- Develop reporting procedures and root cause analysis information and provide feedback on existing and emerging trends.
- Liaise closely with internal departments and suppliers, brokers, mechanical engineers etc. to obtain information to allow the successful candidate to investigate a complaint thoroughly.
- Provide the customer with a comprehensive and clear communication following resolution of the complaint in line with FCA DISP rules on Complaint Handling.
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the appropriate Line Manager regarding the outcome of a complaint
- Ensure that once a complaint is closed, the account is handed back to the relevant department with full details of the resolution offered
- Arrange for, and follow up on, any compensation or other action offered to a customer
- Use the online credit reference agency websites to view, and if necessary, update customer files
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
Complaint resolution requires input from across the business, so this is a position that requires strong interpersonal and influencing skills. The role will be predominantly phone based, but will also require excellent written skills. Other attributes that will be required are:
- Ability to prioritise workload dependent on legislative or regulatory deadlines
- Ability to present cases to the Management Team
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong customer service and telephone skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Active and enquiring mind
- Must demonstrate high levels of customer empathy and practical problem solving as well as a “common sense” approach.
- An understanding of the legislation that governs the business and being able to see how that impacts on the business
- Demonstrable experience of Complaints RCA & Resolution
- Excellent English skills (prefer minimum A level) with strong letter writing skills
- Confident, and if necessary, authoritative on the phone
- Be able to take responsible decisions on behalf of the company that includes suggesting settlements in the customer’s favour.
- Excellent time management skills
- Independent and team worker
- Able to liaise at all levels with other departments and outside agencies
- Ability to take responsibility for the “tidy up” procedures on complaint closure
- Some knowledge of the car finance industry
- Some knowledge of car mechanics
Are you enthusiastic about this role or keen to get some more information? Send us your CV and a cover letter today by clicking on the Apply button!
Moneybarn is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Moneybarn to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
Moneybarn will retain your CV for 6 months after your application.
Please note that if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days, you have not been successful. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.