We are now looking for a Fraud Strategy & Intelligence Analyst to join our growing Credit Risk Team on a contract or permanent basis.
The role requires a confident communicator who can quickly build a rapport with key stakeholders including other business teams, our Executive team and industry agencies. Your previous experience in a Fraud Analyst role will have provided you with coding, data mining and data manipulation skills, allowing you to analyse large data sets and design effective fraud strategies.
Responsible for the optimisation of fraud prevention and detection systems, you will assist with the implementation of strategies and policies with the objective of limiting fraud losses and the impact that this may have on our customers and intermediaries.
If you are looking for the next step in your Fraud career, please get in touch with the Moneybarn Recruitment Team.
What you will be expected to do in the role:
- Develop fraud prevention and detection strategies by analyzing large data sets, fraud databases and intelligence
- Use analytics to identify fraud trends, networks and produce fraud MI
- Assist in the design, implement and management all fraud systems and policies across all Moneybarn products
- Assist in providing meaningful insight into fraud losses and reporting.
- Extract, collate and structure fraud data to support the development of fraud mitigation strategies
- Identify current and future transactional fraud threats
- Understanding the bigger picture of how fraud impacts all areas across the business, our customers and intermediaries.
- Ensure fraud intelligence from internal and external sources is tracked and appropriate action taken
- Understand regulatory requirements and industry developments
- Assist in the research of statistical techniques (machine learning, neural networks, etc) and industry best practice applied to fraud model design.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, internal risk policies and Group guidance.
- Undertake fraud assurance and risk identification activity and assist in the development and maintenance of the fraud risk register.
What we are looking for from you:
- Fraud Analytics experience with a good understanding of fraud prevention and detection processes
- Experience within consumer finance or similar industry
- Strong technical skills with coding experience in either SAS or SQL (or equivalent)
- In-depth analytical skills with the ability to digest and interpret complex concepts
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in which Moneybarn operate.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple and varied audiences (technical and non-technical)
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here