Operating as a Senior Manager within the Customer Operations function and working in partnership with the other Senior Managers across the business, the Head of Asset Management & Legal Services assumes overall responsibility and accountability for all supporting administrative functions concerning our assets and associated legal practices, as well as our asset sales and trace capabilities.
This role is responsible for ensuring all business critical processes (some of which will require intervention by our Legal Services team on occasion) for our asset recovery and disposal undertakings are optimised at every opportunity. Plus they will ensure our processes are strategically reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure practices adopted are best in class, whilst protecting our customer outcomes in the spirit of TCF, CONC and FCA guidelines at all times. This role also involves strategic oversight of several third-party partnerships across the asset recovery, litigation and trace capabilities.”
What you'll be expected to do in the role
- Providing leadership to the Customer Support Services functions by ensuring that appropriate departmental structures and service delivery models are in place, monitoring and developing them as appropriate
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the department including resourcing and technology strategies, people and team development, performance management, and succession planning
- Maintaining currency in awareness of legislation and industry changes that may affect Customer Operations and business undertakings
- Active participation as a senior manager within the business working on cross business projects as required
- Driving the ongoing enhancement to policies and procedures in support of the customer experience and ensuring the team are clear in requirements to deliver on the strategy
- Act as an escalation point for complex issues and deliver audit actions
- Development of the department's strategies including business plans, objectives, SLA's, associated KPI's, policies, processes and procedures
- Meeting and exceeding all key metrics, including call volume, quality, complaints, vehicle issues and arrears management
- Conduct team meetings to update the team on best practices, departmental communications and continuing expectations
- Effective people management ensuring any HR processes are conducted in line with best practice within the department and hearing appeals as required
- Represent Moneybarn at specific trade body / industry gatherings on a regular basis to ensure the business continues to have an active voice as appropriate across the industry.
What we're looking for from you
- Be an inspirational leader, with exceptional understanding of CX strategies and relevant legal process and policy changes
- Have significant people management experience and a track record of creating and developing high performing teams
- Have high standards of numeracy and literacy
- Be assertive, confident and intellectually capable
- Be a self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment
- Have a proactive management style and possess a solutions focused approach to challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilient and determined
- Confident in making decisions
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience in a FCA/FSA regulated consumer finance environment
- Significant team management experience in a volume customer facing environment
- An in-depth knowledge of asset recovery regulation and law, particularly in relation to the appropriate use of forbearance
- Proven leadership skills, particularly in a fast moving, empowered environment
- A proven ability to design, implement and manage complex multi-faceted departments ensuring the end customer experience is fluid
- High levels of experience in developing and implementing new processes, technologies and team structures
- Experience of undertaking analysis of Management Information and the ability to analyse information, and implement improvement strategies as a part of that analysis.
- High levels of people management skills, with a proven track record of managing team and functional changes
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining high performing, productivity focused teams, in a Support Services environment, whilst maintaining the highest levels of compliance and quality
- Proven track record of identifying, selecting and managing third party suppliers on a regular basis to ensure the service delivered by any such suppliers is optimized at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to network and build effective internal and external relationships at all levels
- Experience and competence in dealing with disciplinary, grievance and performance processes
- Experience working within the motor finance industry
Working at Moneybarn
Working at Moneybarn is rewarding in every sense, and we believe that if we take care of our people, our business will take care of itself. As a growing company, we are always interested in hearing from people with potential. Our head office is in Petersfield, Hampshire.
We’re the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender, and we’re part of the Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market. To find out more about us, including our history and values, click here.
Reasons to join the Moneybarn team
Ensuring we have a dedicated team is essential to our success, and we’ve worked hard to create a friendly working environment, which allows individuals to share ideas and deliver positive outcomes.
We want all employees to be able to fulfil their potential and excel in their role, so we invest heavily in training and development throughout the business. This approach enables us to nurture talent, and provide the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
The wellbeing of our team is incredibly important and we offer a gym, qualified instructors, keep-fit classes, Barney Bikes and regular fruit deliveries for employees to enjoy. We also run a range of regular in-house events and activities to promote interaction and communication within the company.
2017 marks Moneybarn’s 25th year of trading and we believe our continued success is driven by our values-based approach which underpins the way that we engage with our employees, customers and partners. Our values are: Fair, Approachable, Responsible & Progressive.
We offer competitive salaries and a full employee benefit package, which includes a contributory pension, employee Sharesave and stock purchase schemes.
How do you apply?
Click on the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. This will pop up an email which you can use to attach and send us your CV and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received your CV and covering letter, if you’re successful at the first stage we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
If you don’t hear from us within 7 days of sending us your application, this means you have been unsuccessful. We may not be able to provide confirmation and feedback to everyone who applies.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 6 months after your application
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here.