We are now looking for a passionate Head of Asset Management & Legal Services to join our Customer Operations Team. This role offers the opportunity to make a significant impact within a friendly and fast paced environment.
Reporting directly to the Customer Experience Director you will work in partnership with other Senior Managers across the business, taking accountability for the strategic oversight for all functions, including third party supplier relationships, related to trace, recovery and sales of our vehicle fleet and the associated legal practices.
A champion of change and an innovative thinker, you will be responsible for ensuring all the business-critical processes and procedures are optimized at every opportunity, with appropriate first line of defense controls in place.
Continuous strategic reviews must be completed to ensure operational processes are best in class, whilst protecting our customer outcomes in the spirit of Treating Customer Fairly, The Consumer Credit sourcebook and FCA guidelines.
If you have a passion for Asset Recovery, love working proactively and share our overwhelming desire for delivering customer service, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be expected to do in the role
- Providing leadership to the Asset Management, Remarketing and Legal Services functions by ensuring that appropriate structures and service delivery models are in place, monitoring and continuously improving them as appropriate.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the functions including departmental budgets, resourcing and technology strategies, people and team development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Maintaining currency in awareness of financial services legislation and motor finance industry changes that may affect Customer Operations and business undertakings.
- Active participation as a senior manager within the business working on cross business projects as required.
- Driving the ongoing enhancement to policies and procedures in support of the customer experience and ensuring the team are clear in requirements to deliver on the strategy.
- Act as an escalation point for complex issues and deliver audit actions on time and in a sustainable way.
- Development of the department's strategies including business plans, objectives, SLA's, associated KPI's, policies, processes and procedures.
- Meeting and exceeding all key metrics, including volume processing, quality, complaints, vehicle issues and arrears management. Implementing MI that bridges results with clear commercial outcomes.
- Oversight of people management ensuring any HR processes are conducted in line with best practice within the department and hearing appeals as required.
- Represent Moneybarn at specific trade body / industry gatherings (FLA) on a regular basis to ensure the business continues to have an active voice as appropriate across the industry.
- Performance management of 3rd party supplier relationships including cost efficiencies.
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
What we’re looking for from you
- Previous experience in an FCA/FSA regulated consumer finance environment (experience in the motor finance industry is desirable)
- Significant team management experience in a volume customer facing environment.
- Experience of Control Self-Assessment (First Line of Defense) frameworks
- A robust knowledge of asset recovery regulation and law, particularly in relation to the appropriate use of forbearance (formal legal experience is not essential)
- A proven ability to balance workloads across multiple functions as well as encourage and empower teams to maximize and balance positive customer & commercial outcomes.
- A proactive approach & proven success in developing and implementing new processes, technologies and team structures.
- Proven track record of identifying, selecting and managing third party suppliers on a regular basis to ensure the service delivered by any such suppliers is always optimised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to network and build effective internal and external relationships at all levels.
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- This role is a Certified Function role under the Senior Manager & Certification Regime (SMCR).
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here