We are now looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our well established I.T Team. Reporting to the Service Desk Manager this role will assist in the delivery and management of our software, desktop, server and network infrastructure.
This hands-on role requires someone with proven experience of providing support within an IT Infrastructure environment, with experience of Microsoft Operating Systems and Products including Exchange, Office 365 and desktop products. Experience of Virtual Operating systems including Hyper V, VMware / Virtualization, Networking and IP telephony is also desirable.
This position may require shift work, which will be shared with other team members, and collectively the role will need to cover business and out of hours remote support.
If you enjoy providing excellent customer service and can demonstrate logical problem-solving skills, along with a passion for I.T, then this may be the role for you.
What you'll be expected to do in the role:
- Provide Infrastructure support including monitoring and managing the capacity of Infrastructure onsite and hosted externally.
- Provide engineering support to Project Managers and others in service and systems upgrades.
- Manage small infrastructure upgrade projects.
- Ad-hoc cover for 1st/2nd line support (Holidays/illness etc.)
- Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Server administration to include assisting with updates, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of faults.
- Exchange/Office 365 administration, setup and configuration.
- Coordinating with internal team and 3rd Parties on Incident management and resolution.
- Managing Infrastructure changes in accordance with the Change Management procedures.
What we're looking for from you:
- Proven IT experience, including working in an Infrastructure role.
- Good customer service experience in supporting end users within an SME.
- Excellent Microsoft Infrastructure Experience including a hands-on Knowledge of Microsoft server administration including active directory, Exchange 2010/2013,
- VMWare and V-sphere Experience.
- MCSE specialist certifications in desktop and operating system technologies.
- Knowledge and management of backup solutions.
- Experience of VOIP solutions in particular Avaya would be desirable.
- A good working knowledge of IT Security Principles, including Networking, Windows, AD, PC’s and Mobile devices.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, responsive and complex I.T Operational environment managing cross stream deliverables with multiple external dependencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to confidently articulate complex concepts in layman’s terms to diverse audiences
- Good attention to detail, strong analytical, quantitative and investigative problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and organized
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here