Technology and Change is a vital part of the Moneybarn business and has provided the platform for our significant growth over the last 10 years. To support our continued growth, we are now recruiting an experienced Project Manager to help deliver an array of IT Infrastructure projects.
Reporting directly to the Business Change Manager, you’ll have a strong track record of delivering infrastructure projects within a fast-paced environment. Your proven experience in managing complex IT infrastructure projects, including server upgrades, migration, and deployments will see you own and drive the execution of all tasks. We’re looking for a team player to be responsible for creating project plans and managing the full project life cycle including RAID log.
Having recently won “The Best Company to Work for in Car Finance” at the Car Finance Awards 2019, and the move to our new office building imminent, it will be an exciting time to join the Moneybarn Team.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you, please get in touch with our Recruitment team to find out more.
What you’ll be expected to do in the role;
- Capture requirements, ensuring that project proposals adhere to and optimise industry best practice whenever possible
- Following in house project governance activities, create project plan and manage full project life cycle including RAID log
- Produce Statement of Work, Request for Information / Proposal, and related project delivery documents
- Manage project delivery workload by identifying required resources internally or externally, and scheduling where necessary
- Own and drive execution of all tasks within the infrastructure projects
- Effectively communicate with various stakeholders across the business, in order that requirements are met, change is managed, and project statuses are reported
- Manage vendors to deliver and achieve business outcomes
What we’re looking for from you;
- Demonstrable experience in managing IT infrastructure projects, with budgets ranging from £20K - £250K including server upgrades, migration, and deployments
- Experience in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support the project requirements
- Proven ability to plan and schedule project timelines and milestones, using appropriate resource planning tools (e.g. MS Project), ideally with a formal Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince 2 or similar)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and being able to influence at all levels.
- Ability to positively influence diverse stakeholders and project team
- Confident and maintains a result-orientated approach when dealing with multiple stakeholders and conflicting demands
- Demonstrable experience in delivering multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Advance knowledge of Project lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of IT Operations Management best practices and experience of working with internal and outsourced IT Operations teams
- Familiar with the following technologies:
- Web and Cloud services
- Networking / Telecommunications
- Data Management and storage
- Operating systems platforms in particular Microsoft Windows Platform
- Computer hardware Platforms
- Virtualisation technology in particular VMWare
- Operational resilience and Disaster Recovery
- Strong track record of project delivery of infrastructure in banking/financial industry
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here