We are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Services Manager to cover a 7-10 month maternity period on a fixed term contract. Reporting directly to the Head of Asset Management and Legal Services, you will lead a team of 7 legal assistants in the management of in-house legal cases along with a varied ledger of money claims including; Return of Goods, Charging Orders, Attachment of Earnings, Bankruptcies, innocent purchasers and defended matters (Smalls Claims / Fast track / Multi Track) and other bespoke matters.
This role requires you to have great people management skills, assigning and overseeing the workloads of the whole team, setting KPI’s, conducting 121’s and ensuring quality standards befitting an FCA regulated business.
If you have strong communications and leaderships skills within a Civil Litigation environment, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be expected to do in the role
- Managing a team of Legal Assistants and Senior Legal Assistants in the management of in-house legal cases and Money Claims, with the more complex cases or out of jurisdiction cases being passed to external practices
- Compiling a number of reports on a weekly and monthly basis in relation to cases referred to and actioned by the Customer Operations Legal team
- Attending, chairing and taking minutes at a number of high-level management meetings on a regular basis and bringing the relevant information to them. Completing a number of actions resulting from meetings
- Liaising with external agencies, solicitors, and internal senior management
- Allocating new cases received to individual team members dependent on their skills and experience
- Recruitment & selection of new staff members, monitoring new starters during their probation period, conducting appraisals, providing constructive feedback and setting objectives/targets
- Performance management of staff where necessary, identifying training needs and co-coordinating team annual leave
- Ensuring absolute compliance with TCF principles and FCA regulations
- Ensuring total adherence to Data Protection Act regulations
- Always ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with the companies published policies and procedures
What we’re looking for from you
- Previous Management experience within a Civil Litigation environment
- Experience of Case management systems
- A very high level of accuracy combined with an excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Confidence on the telephone with difficult customers and a variety of different agencies, courts solicitors and management within the PFG Group
- Experience in handling defended debt recovery matters including but not limited to Money Claims, Return of Goods, Innocent Purchaser claims and Bankruptcies
- Practical yet methodical working manner
- Law degree or equivalent level of qualification or experience
- Experience of court procedure in regard to civil claims. In particular, defended money claim, return of goods, bankruptcies and innocent purchasers
- In depth knowledge of Data Protection requirements
- Strong communication and leadership skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst aiming towards and monitoring monthly and annual targets
- Knowledge and experience of the vehicle finance industry
- Previous experience working in an FCA regulated environment
- Experience of working for a Non-standard/specialist lender
- Understanding of Data protection, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption requirements.
- Knowledge of the Scottish legal system in relation to Return of Goods and Money Claims
Working at Moneybarn
Working at Moneybarn is rewarding in every sense, and we believe that if we take care of our people, our business will take care of itself. As a growing company, we are always interested in hearing from people with potential. Our head office is in Petersfield, Hampshire.
We’re the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender, and we’re part of the Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market. To find out more about us, including our history and values, click here.
Reasons to join the Moneybarn team
Ensuring we have a dedicated team is essential to our success, and we’ve worked hard to create a friendly working environment, which allows individuals to share ideas and deliver positive outcomes.
We want all employees to be able to fulfil their potential and excel in their role, so we invest heavily in training and development throughout the business. This approach enables us to nurture talent, and provide the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
The wellbeing of our team is incredibly important and we offer a gym, qualified instructors, keep-fit classes, Barney Bikes and regular fruit deliveries for employees to enjoy. We also run a range of regular in-house events and activities to promote interaction and communication within the company.
2017 marked Moneybarn’s 25th year of trading and we believe our continued success is driven by our values-based approach which underpins the way that we engage with our employees, customers and partners. Our values are: Fair, Approachable, Responsible & Progressive.
We offer competitive salaries and a full employee benefit package, which includes a contributory pension, employee Sharesave and stock purchase schemes.
How do you apply?
Click on the "Apply now” button below. This will pop up an email which you can use to attach and send us your CV and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received your CV and covering letter, if you’re successful at the first stage we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
If you don’t hear from us within 7 days of sending us your application, this means you have been unsuccessful. We may not be able to provide confirmation and feedback to everyone who applies.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here.