We are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Services Manager to cover a maternity leave, until January 2020, on a fixed term contract. Reporting directly to the Head of Asset Management and Legal Services, you will lead a team of 7 legal assistants in the management of in-house legal cases along with a varied ledger of money claims. This will include, Return of Goods, Charging Orders, Attachment of Earnings, Bankruptcy’s, innocent purchasers and defended matters (Smalls Claims / Fast track / Multi Track) and other bespoke matters.
This role requires you to have great people management skills, assigning and overseeing the workloads of the whole team, setting KPI’s, conducting 121’s and ensuring quality standards befitting an FCA regulated business.
If you have strong communications and leaderships skills within a Civil Litigation environment, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be expected to do in the role:
- Lead a team of Legal Assistants and Senior Legal Assistants in the management of in-house legal cases and Money Claims, with the more complex cases or out of jurisdiction cases being passed to external practices.
- Compile a number of reports on a weekly and monthly basis in relation to cases referred to and actioned by the Customer Operations Legal team.
- Attend, chair and take minutes at a number of high-level management meetings on a regular basis bringing the relevant information to them. Completing a number of actions resulting from the meetings.
- Liaise with external agencies, solicitors, and internal senior management.
- Allocate new cases received to individual team members dependent on their skills and experience.
- Assist in the Recruitment & selection of new staff members, monitoring new starters during their probation period, conducting appraisals, providing constructive feedback and setting objectives/targets.
- Performance management of staff where necessary, identifying training needs and co-coordinating team annual leave.
- Ensure the absolute compliance with TCF principles and FCA regulations.
- Ensure total adherence to Data Protection Act regulations.
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with the companies published policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for from you
- Previous Management experience within a Civil Litigation environment.
- Experience of Case management systems.
- A very high level of accuracy combined with an excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Confidence on the telephone with difficult customers and a variety of different agencies, courts solicitors and management within the PFG Group.
- Experience in handling defended debt recovery matters including but not limited to Money Claims, Return of Goods, Innocent Purchaser claims and Bankruptcies.
- Practical yet methodical working manner.
- Law degree or equivalent level of qualification or experience.
- Experience of court procedure in regard to civil claims. In particular, defended money claim, return of goods, bankruptcies and innocent purchasers.
- In depth knowledge of Data Protection /GDPR requirements.
- Strong communication and leadership skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst aiming towards and monitoring monthly and annual targets.
- Previous experience working in an FCA regulated environment.
- Experience of working for a Non-standard/specialist lender.
- Understanding of Data protection, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption requirements.
- Knowledge of the Scottish legal system in relation to Return of Goods and Money Claims.
- Knowledge and experience of the vehicle finance industry.
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here