We’re now looking for a proactive individual to join our friendly Test Team as a Senior Software Tester. Reporting to the Test Team Leader, your proven experience in a similar environment will allow you to confidently pick up tasks, identify areas for improvements and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
Joining a small team of 2 Testers and a Test Team Lead you will be responsible for supporting the core activities of the testing effort during the software development life cycle, ensuring that all deliverables produced comply with all function and non-functional requirements.
If you have a strong background in testing and tool usage, with experience in debugs and fixing problems then you could be exactly who we are looking for.
What you'll be expected to do in the role:
- Work with Project Team to define functional and regression tests which ensure validation of system requirements
- Work with the Development Team focused on quality and timely software delivery
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core systems and processes, and how those systems and processes interact (end-to-end testing)
- Prepare Test Plans and write and maintain test cases
- Perform testing and gather evidences
- Handle Defects from identification, raising, monitoring and re-testing through to closure
- Ensures that all testing is compliant with test and business standards
- Collaborate in an agile environment, communicate within the test and development team, and with UAT and business users
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
What we're looking for from you:
- Proven aptitude in both function and regression testing
- Experience of writing and executing test plans and test cases
- Excellent ability to identify, raise, monitor and report on software defects
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, techniques & tools (Quality Centre or Test Manager preferred)
- Proficiency working with databases and SQL
- Degree / Diploma in a technology or business discipline (Ideal)
- Familiar with content management and web services technologies, database and UI testing.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Automated testing experience would be advantageous
- Financial Services experience
- Experience XHTML, XML, C#, and related web technologies
- Scrum Agile team methodology
- A Logical thinker, comfortable with detail and complexity
- Good communications, able to work in a team and as an individual
- A can-do problem solving attitude to ensue all tests are passed
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and be able to manage their own work
- A pro-active approach to testing, with a willingness to drive for constant improvement in software quality.
A fast-paced company that rewards creativity, initiative and contribution
Growing like we are, we’re always interested to hear from talented people. We currently employ nearly 300 team members at our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire and are the UK’s largest specialist vehicle finance lender. Something you could be a part of.
Our parent company is Provident Financial Group, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of credit products to the non-standard market, which provides us and you with added security. You can find out more about us, including our history and values, by clicking here.
Growing together in a friendly working environment
To help you fulfil your potential and excel in your role, we invest heavily in training and development throughout the company. This approach enables us to nurture your talent, while providing the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
We’ve also created a friendly, open and engaging working environment, which encourages individuals to share ideas and work hard for each other. We genuinely all get along too and spend quality time together in and out of work, with numerous clubs starting spontaneously, from Cake Club to Gut Busters (the irony).
Taking care of our employees – it’s The Moneybarn Way
The happiness and wellbeing of our team is incredibly important to us. As a result, we’ve introduced many perks, activities and events that help promote interaction and communication within the company.
You’ll notice this caring approach from your very first day. That’s because everyone receives an accredited induction of up to two weeks to ensure they feel welcome, fully informed and truly settled in.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
How do you apply?
Simply click the ‘Apply now’ button. This will pop up an email, which you can use to attach your CV, and covering letter telling us why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Once we’ve received it, if you’re successful at the first stage, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview.
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). You can find out more here