Latest Motor News // 24 May 2013
Looking for your next car can be a headache at the best of times, especially if you’re undecided about what make and model to go for. This week MSN Cars has revealed which cars are selling the best across the world and we’ve got the top ten right here to help make your decision a little easier.
10. The Ford Fiesta- a firm favourite among buyers of all ages, the Fiesta’s reinvention has been a huge success achieving an impressive 742,037 sales around the world.
9. Volkswagen Golf- storming the European sales charts, the Golf is so popular that the seventh version is now here and has been even more popular than all predecessors, boasting 750,466 sales under its belt.
8. Nissan Tiida- right now you might be asking what the Tiida actually is. Well as the Qashqai was so popular with the British public, Nissan decided not to release the hatchback into the market for fear of being overshadowed by the Qashqai. However, throughout the rest of the world, the Tiida is Nissan’s top seller with 774,846 sales.
7. Volkswagen Passat- like the Golf, the Passat is also in its seventh generation and remains a firm favourite in Germany. One in three sales are in Germany out of a total of 782,694 worldwide sales.
6. Chevrolet Cruze- this Korean car is General Motors’ most successful car worldwide and thanks to its ‘world car’ design, secured 784,014 sales.
5. Ford F-Series- not what the British would count as a car, but in America there is no differentiation between cars and pick-up trucks. The popularity in America secures the F-Series as the fifth bestselling car worldwide with 785,028 sales.
4. Toyota Camry- a rare site in the UK, but the Camry is hugely popular with American buyers. As the bestselling large car in America, sales of 797,466 makes it the fourth largest seller across the world.
3. Hyundai Elantra- much like the Camry, the Elantra remains massively popular in the American market and last year sold 829,192 cars. We don’t get the Elantra in the UK but its closest relation is the i30, one of the UK’s top selling cars.
2. Ford Focus- known for being virtually the same model in every market across the world, along with the Mondeo, the Focus is now proof that Ford’s ‘World Car’ strategy was a good idea. A top seller in the UK, China and the US, the Focus secured 1,036,683 sales and its title as the second bestselling car worldwide.
1. The Toyota Auris/ Corolla- the Auris took a fair amount of criticism in the media but with a whopping 1,214,837 sales, Toyota are the proud owner of the world’s top selling car title.
So now that you know what the top ten best selling cars are worldwide, you can feel reassured when deciding on your next make and model that it will be a wise investment if it appears on this list. Now that you’ve decided what car you’re going to buy, you just need to work out how to pay for it. If you need a hand with finance, fill in Moneybarn’s online car finance calculator to receive an instant quote. Moneybarn are the UK’s leading provider of specialist consumer car finance and are working with customers up and down the UK to help them buy the car of their choice.